Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Nice Ice


I went down to Shiny Rink to skate the afternoon public. Unlike the usual zoo-like conditions I'm used to, it wasn't very crowded at all; there were a couple of the infernal EZ-Skaters on the ice though. I really hate those things! Still, it was a good session and the ice was very nice. Minus time for 2 (!) Z-breaks, I had about 2.5 hours of actual skating time.

I worked on the whole gamut of things, but I really tried to work on stuff that I'm lazy about, like bad-side FXOs, LFI3... the usual litany of suspects. My FXOs are really improving and I'm getting a real underpush now even doing them in perimeter stroking, which is good -- it's less scary and is coming more naturally.

I had a chance to chat with Amy, one of the adult skaters I'd met before, and met another adult skater, Mary (this is not the Mary who skates at Valley). Mary's introduction consisted of her catching her toepick doing FXOs and sliding right past me :-). It was pretty funny, actually. It's nice to be making some skating friends finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home