Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Still Persevering


I skated the afternoon public at Shiny Rink+, since I had the day off from work (it's a 25-mile drive there). The first 30 minutes were pretty nice, but after that it filled up. Still, I had a decent skate. No breakthroughs, but some solid skating and worked up a good sweat.

I met another adult skater, Stephanie. She's been skating about 7 years and had driven up from Bend. Any time I feel like complaining, I should keep her story in mind -- they only have ice there in the winter (an outdoor rink), in the summer she drives up here to skate (it's quite a ways) a couple of times a month. Despite all that she's getting ready to test Silver freeskate and Gold moves... geez!

Addendum: I forgot to mention I fell less than 10 seconds after getting on the ice... tripped over my left toepick. It was pretty silly, it just made me laugh. My water bottle went flying about 30 feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home