Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Workout


I skated the Wednesday evening session at Valley. The ice was uncrowded (3 of us), but the ice was poor at first. Fortunately, about 30 minutes into the session they resurfaced, after which it was nice indeed.

I worked a lot of stuff -- 3s, FXOs, BXOs, back edges, spins, waltz jumps, Russian stroking, waltz-8. My back edges are definitely looking better. Still, I came away feeling a little depressed about my skating. After 3 years of skating my FI3s still stink! Grrr. Still, a good skate.

I got to meet the owner of the rink. He seems a pretty cool character. It's nice to see an owner who's involved with his business and seems to care passionately about it. He says they will continue this session through the summer, which is great since it fits my schedule well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home