Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Skating Update


I dropped my skates off yesterday to have the new blades mounted. I am supposed to pick them up tomorrow evening at Lloyd Center. I'm very psyched about it.

I didn't get to skate all week as my car was in the shop all week with clutch problems (*sigh*), and now my skates are in the shop. Arrgghh!

And... I am losing my coach. When I first talked with Lucy she told me that she had applied to be in a summer skate show, and would know in late May if she'd gotten in. She did, and she'll be leaving in mid-June for the show and won't be back 'til September. So I have only 3 or 4 lessons left with her. *sigh* She recommended some possibilities for other coaches to me, and I'll have to work on that.

I'm trying to decide what, under the circumstances, I want to cover in my remaining lessons (especially with new and different blades). So far I'm leaning toward working mostly on fundamentals -- crossovers, 3s; and also working on that darn forward spin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home