Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 01, 2006

New Blades Ordered


I dropped my skates off today to be sharpened, and to get my new blades ordered. Vicki Zander runs Superior Skateworks, and she is, apparently, *the* skate maintenance person of Portland. At least, everyone I asked pointed me at her! So I feel pretty comfortable with that. Anyway, she is going to sharpen my blades and have them back to me on Wednesday, at which time she should be able to tell me when I'll get my new blades. The price for my new blades (Coronation Comets) is $242 mounted and sharpened. It's a fair price. It amuses me a bit, though, because these blades will cost me more than my first set of boots and blades! Well, that's to be expected I suppose.

Vicki thought my boots were broken down. I don't see how -- they are creased, yes, but they are not at all floppy and they support me well. I was planning on getting new boots in 9 - 12 months. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home