Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wednesday Night Skate


Valley has a rather variable schedule; last week and this week there was a Wednesday night public session from 7 - 9. I didn't make it last week but I did tonight, and it was well worth it -- I was the only one there!

I am getting over a cold/flu/other sickness, so I was tired and not at all my best; unfortunately I didn't have a skate worthy of the nice ice. I did spend a fair amount of time working on back edges and other backward skating, as well as 3 turns, power-3s, the 5-step mohawk, and over course FXOs and BXOs. I had probably a bit over an hour of actual skating.

I was a little depressed over this skate. Back in Tucson if I'd had those kind of conditions, I'd have skated my brains out no matter how tired or sick I was. Skates like this make me worry that I'm losing my edge, my will. I know that's pretty silly, especially since I just got a coach and things are finally looking up. I was anxious to skate tonight because between being sick earlier in the week and scheduling issues later in the week this was my only chance to skate until my lesson next Sunday.

I guess the positive side is that I got through and skated anyway, instead of giving up and going home. So maybe things are turning around after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home