Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Going Clubbing


Not really! I couldn't resist a funny title... I went to the Carousel FSC session last night to try to meet up with some coaches. I am not yet a member of the club so I didn't skate, of course. The club ice is Thursdays 6:15 - 7:15 p.m. There were a fair number of people there. The session is structured as a half-hour group lesson and half-hour freeskate. The lessons seem to be divided up by levels with 6 coaches present.

I saw Lucy there, and she introduced me to a couple of other coaches that I'd seen at various sessions, Jill and Leone. Later I introduced myself to a 4th coach, Michelle, who coaches along with her sister Susy. Michelle said that Susy would probably be a better match than she so she gave me Susy's phone number. Apparently Susy already has a number of adult students.

I also met the lone adult skater present, Sharon. Her son is also a skater, he's an ice dancer and is apparently quite talented. Sharon said there are about 5 adults who show up to the club session at various times.

So of the 5 coaches available at Valley I've met 4 and apparently can choose from 4. If I don't find one I like I still have the option of trekking over to Shiny Rink and finding a coach there -- Sharon says there are a number of coaches there (which I'd believe). I'd rather not make the trek but maybe that's what I'll have to do.

I was planning on skating this morning but I was sooooo tired I slept late. I really am having problems getting morning skating in, I never get enough sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home