Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Perseverance


I managed to get about an hour's worth of skating in at the mall tonight. Bleah! I've noticed I'm really starting to get sloppy. Worked on edges a little bit and geez, were they stinky!

It's too many public sessions. Man, was I spoiled in Tucson... I've got to drag myself to the FS session at Valley on a regular basis and force myself to work on edges, XOs and 3s obsessively because I can't really do them at publics. I can sort of practice jumps and spins but forget the other stuff.

Anyway, I worked on a few things but was very unfocused. Had a nice chat with an adult skater ("Ann") about crossover technique, which only reminded me how sloppy I've gotten. I need to work on improving my control, especially skating in the crossed position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home