Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nice Ice


I skated the 8:30 a.m. freestyle at Valley Ice today. Wow! Really nice ice, freshly Z-ed after the 2 previous FS sessions. Cost is $8. There were 4 of us, all adults (!) plus a coach. The other 3 were all ice dancers at various levels, but unlike the occasional ice-dancer-from-hell horror stories these ones were pretty predictable and actually watched where they were going. No problems.

I was kind of unfocused, and about half-way into the session I started to feel extremely tired. I struggled through though. Worked on edges (back edges are really, really stinky), did some BXOs (eh), FXOs, Russian stroking (for the first time in a bazillion years I actually did a complete set around the rink without stopping -- need to do that more often), some spins (eh), waltz and Salchow.

I need to read over the blog and figure out a plan of attack so that I am more focused when I have good ice, especially while I'm coachless. I feel much better about my skating today than Monday night, so yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home