Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Waltzing Away


I skated the afternoon public session at Valley. It was moderately crowded but still pretty skateable. Since they don't have a Z-break I only stayed for two hours since the last half hour or so, the ice is pretty bad.

I worked most things at least a little, but my Salchows were stinky so I didn't work on them very much. I spent a lot of time on my waltz jump and in particular on doing multiple jumps in a row. I'm now able to do two or 3 in a row pretty easily (limitation today was pretty much safety with the conditions as they were). They feel pretty good, but I need to work on getting the subsequent jumps to have as much lift as the first. Still, I was pretty pleased.

I also worked a lot on 3s, and inside 3s in particular. I've noticed that my RFI3 has improved to the point that I can do them with a little speed, especially if I don't think about it too much :-). Strangely enough, what helps is to think of it as a mohawk on one foot :-). I worked the LFI3s a bunch but they are still pretty stinky.

I fell twice, once coming out of an LFI3 and once while working on the spin entrance. Not bad falls, and I'm kind of glad to see them since I take it to mean I'm finally being a bit more aggressive.

I was disappointed not to have skated Thursday or Friday. My schedule is still gelling a bit and things just didn't work out. Hopefully this week I can get back in the saddle a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home