Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Obsessive 3s


I skated the 8:30 a.m. freestyle today -- wow, I've skated 3x in 3 days! As usual, a lightly attended session (4 people, later 6).

I spent a lot of time working 3s, especially my RFO3. My LFO3 has such a nice cadence and feel to it, but I can't seem to get that on my right foot. The RFO3 always seems very forced. I must have done about 12 bazillion of them but they didn't seem to improve much. Also a few FI3s but not enough to make a difference :-(.

I also spent some time on FXOs and working back edges; did Russian stroking forwards and backwards. Backwards is pretty fun but my lobes are pretty shallow and I'm not going that fast yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home