Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Skatin' Wit Da Homies


Since I really wanted a chance to skate on my newly-sharpened blades before my lesson, I went to the Saturday night public session at Valley. As usual for this sort of session it was filled with teenagers, most of whom weren't there to skate but to hang out with their friends and flirt with the opposite sex.

Since Valley doesn't have any disco lights or a working mirror ball, the lights were on the whole time, so in spite of the crowd and the goofy music it was an acceptable skate. I skated for about an hour and got a good workout; my toe seems to be fine now so that helped. This is the first time since I got these blades (well, with the exception of the first sharpening when I got them) that they had not been sharpened by my old sharpener back in Tucson. They felt fine; not as sharp/grabby as I'm used to after a sharpening, but definitely much, much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home