Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 15, 2006

New Blades!


Once again I'm tempted to title this Whee! or Woo-hoo! or Woot! or maybe just, "Like Buttah!"

I got down to Lloyd Center around 7:15 and picked up my skates, and got on the public session. As usual, the first hour of the evening public session, the ice was horrible. After the Z-break the ice was nice AND it was less crowded. I skated about 90 minutes total.

The new blades... WOW. What a difference. Not a bad difference, just a much more secure feeling, more stability. When I tried a spin, again, WOW. I can actual find the rocker (there's a rocker there to find!) and I did some great spins. I'm SO glad I did this, and I wish I'd done it a lot sooner. I feel soooo much more enthusiastic now. Everything's better -- edges, turns, XOs, spins... okay, jumps are about the same, but other than that, much better. Yay!

While I was there I noticed an employee running around with a drill, drilling holes in the ice. Apparently (from glancing at the sheet he was filling out), the ice there (which seems reasonably flat) varies from 1.5 to 3.5 inches thick depending on where you measure it! Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home