Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

3s And Spins


Today's lesson was on the 9:30 a.m. public at Valley. As usual this session was very uncrowded and nice ice -- it's really a good environment. Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- as usual the LFO3 looks nice. I really shouldn't bother to spend any time on it at all. The RFO3 still needs work. Lucy reminded me to keep tension in my arms, I have a tendency to draw them in at the turn. We also worked on holding the entrance edge longer and keeping the free foot/leg close.
  • FI3s -- quality time on these at last. On the RFI3 we worked on holding the entrance edge longer, keeping the free foot/leg close, and keeping the uppper body quiet. On the LFI3 we worked on pretty much the same stuff. I was really pleased, because my LFI3 has been so dreadful and while it's still quite bad we made some real progress. Good stuff.
  • Spins -- just a bit of time on these. I'm tending to drop my shoulder on the entrance, which is throwing me off. Not much progress though.
Addendum: I forgot to post that I spent some time after the lesson working on my right-foot T-stop. My left-foot T-stop is okay, but I've not spent any appreciable time working on the right foot and so it stinks. In working on the left foot I managed to put a nick in my left blade when I stepped on the back of my R blade (no fall). Kind of annoying that I've had these blades less than a week and I've already put a nick in 'em. Oh well!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home