Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

XOs And Spins


Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- with the new blades, these are much better. I think partly it's that the mounting position is, perhaps, slightly different and it's a little easier to get on that outside edge. We did these both on the center circle and the Moves pattern. Still working for better extension on both pushes, and to stay turned into the circle. I noticed I'm getting more power on these now, it's a smidge scary.
  • BXOs -- just a little time on these. They are improved; the good side is "almost okay", the bad side still has a long way to go. Lucy said I need to keep my crossing foot turned out longer and have more of a feeling of drawing it in.
  • spins -- two-foot, one-foot, and one-foot from the entrance. My two-foot is now pretty darn nice -- well-centered and getting fairly good speed/# of rotations. The one foot is also better. We spent a lot of time on the entrance. Lucy pointed out (major "a-ha" moment) that after the 3 I'm falling onto my BI edge; I need to be spinning on the BO edge which means I need to get weight over further, and be more "lifted" or solid over the sweet spot on the blade. We worked on these for a while, and I had a couple of (harmless) falls. I really think I just need to work on these a lot more, and a lot more consistently.
All in all a good lesson, I was quite pleased.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home