Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Perseverance


I skated the evening session at Valley tonight. Lately it seems like the only sessions I can reliably make are this one and the Sunday morning session when I have my lesson. It's very frustrating.

I worked on a lot of stuff -- 3s, waltz-8, edges, XOs, etc. I worked on the timing of my waltz-8, trying to even out the length of each step. I should take 3Turn's advice and get a marker! I made some progress on them, though. My BI edges are really stinky, though; it's very frustrating. The BOs are looking good, but I still can't keep the darn free foot in front. I spent some time just skating a BO edge around the circle and trying to hold the free foot in front. Maybe a little bit of progress, but not much.

I made a new acquaintance today -- an adult skater named Mary. Mary is going to be in the upcoming competition at our rink, skating at Bronze level. I like watching her skate, she always smiles and looks like she's having a great time. She and her husband both work where I do, and she's been skating for 8 years or so. It's nice to get to know more folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home