Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Canasta Tango


As usual, today's lesson was at the 9:30 public at Valley. Unfortunately halfway through the resurfacing the Zamboni had problems and left the ice, leaving it half-done so that the sides were good and there was a lane down the middle that was good, but there were two stripes of bad ice on either side of the center. It was very annoying. We couldn't get the sound system to play CDs either.

Today's lesson:
  • Dutch Waltz -- a quick review. For some reason I tend to do strange things with the second progressive. Lucy reminded me that I need to concentrate more on keeping the beat and not worry too much about where I am on the ice.
  • Canasta Tango -- we spent most of the lesson learning the Canasta Tango. It seems pretty fun. The main problem I seem to have is that I keep trying to make it more complicated than it really is, like trying to stick another progressive in the middle. Like the DW, it's really not that complicated, it's just getting used to the pattern. Lucy also showed me the Kilian and reverse Kilian holds.
This was my last lesson with Lucy. I gave her a card to say thanks, and she gave me some See's candy -- a very pleasant surprise. I'll miss her; I've really enjoyed my lessons with her.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home