Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Workin' It


I went to coffee club today and skated for about 75 minutes. It was a good skate. Worked a lot of stuff, but especially back edges and 3-turns.

I spent a goodly amount of time on BO and BI edges. The BI edges are very rough. The BO edges are improving slowly but I still have no rhythm on them and not a lot of control of the lobe. GRR!

I spent a significant amount of time on my FI3s, especially (yes!) the LFI3. The RFI3 continues to improve. The LFI3... I spent at least 5 minutes working on just that, and trying to analyze what's going on. I suspect in part that my weight tends to be on the back of my blade too much. Also, I've noticed that I have no real.. tension? spring? going into them. I get "wound up" for it and I could just hold that position forever. I'm not sure what that means.

I did some BXOs and FXOs in the MITF pattern. It's still rough. I also worked my perimeter stroking (CCW only) and was having better success in placing my crossovers. Since I'm working to do three crossovers on each end that's an entry XO, an XO right square in the middle (centered behind the hockey goal) and then an exit one.

Just before the end I did a couple of spirals because it's been a while. Not too bad, but I actually managed to look at myself in the reflection from the glass and found that my position is not as bad as I'd feared, but not nearly as good as I'd hoped. I'd estimate my leg was 30 - 40 degrees short of horizontal. Much work to do there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home