Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 05, 2004

Michelle At Nationals Again


A really cool article on my hero, Michelle Kwan -- The Champion: Still-driven Kwan has the complete résumé except for one detail. The things I love about MK the most -- her skating, her skating, her skating. Beyond that, it's her attitude -- she's very healthy, she takes her ups and downs and just does her best. I had the privilege of watching her skate from the front row in 2002 when Champions on Ice came to Tucson... amazing. She skated to "Fields of Gold" and besides the overwhelming beauty of it, the thing that struck me the most is that MK loves to skate. Sometimes I think when you get good at something (like singing, to use another example) you can lose track of how it made you feel to begin with. MK clearly loves to win, and to compete, yes -- but she loves to skate, and it shows. What a skater.

Thanks to Heather's MK Fan Page (an invaluable MK resource) for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home