Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Saturday Zoo


Today I was back to my old Saturday routine, yoga from 11 - 12:15 followed by skating 1-4. As usual it was fairly crowded for the session.

I spent most of my time working on (again) crossovers and 3-turns. It was much too crowded to even consider working on backward skating, and as it was I had one collision anyway (nobody hurt). The LFO3 is really getting much better. Continuing my idea of looking into the circle during the turn along with trying to get better knee bend and not force it so much, I turned out 2 or 3 really good ones out of maybe 20 - 30 attempts. Those 2 or 3 were more or less right on, including holding the LBI exit edge for a few feet. I'm not sure what I need to do to be more consistent on these except, of course, to practice them more. I worked on the RFO3s but they are still very rough.

I spent a goodly amount of time on forward crossovers, and in particular CW crossovers. These are really improving, and I'm pretty surprised because I am seeing now that they truly are better than the CCW ones in a couple of ways. It's true my crossing action is not as smooth CW vs CCW; but I am getting better lean and a more consistent rhythm of push-cross-step-repeat. The CCW ones are improving too. It's encouraging in the extreme.

I was really in a good zone for this skate and I was reluctant to leave. With luck I'll get to skate Monday and Wednesday nights before my lesson with Anna on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home