Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year


For New Year's Eve I went out to dinner with an old friend and his family, and then we all went skating (and it wasn't even my idea; they've been doing this for a couple of years). It was rather different to be skating with a bunch of people I know. A few observations...

  • I really have come a long way. I can skate better than most people my age, even if they've been skating since childhood.
  • Just stroking around the rink gets old. It's still good exercise though :-).
  • I'm not good company when I go skating, I'm much too interested in working on stuff.
  • The stuff that I know how to do so far is mostly not going to impress anyone. The only moves that I can do that seem impressive are the lunge and my two-foot spin.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, albeit only for an hour or so. I considered going tonight (there's a public session) but since I'm skating Friday and Saturday I decided to leave it alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home