Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Move-o-Rama!


In my lesson tonight we really looked at a lot of stuff. We spent some time looking at the RFI Mohawk, which actually is starting to come along. I need to practice this more! I can almost do it. After that we went to 3-turns (not much progress there), then to backward edges and landing position (BO edge with free foot extended). After that we went on to learn the bunny hop. My bunny hop needs work, I find that I don't want to land on the toepick.

From there we went on to... waltz jumps! Yep, again. We did them against the wall, and then tried one on the ice. Classmate Ashley did a pretty good one, but I was too chicken. I did manage a very small one but it was more like a step than a jump. It would probably help to work these on dry land and against the wall more. I really need a solid RBO edge though, and I'm a long way from that. The LBO is almost okay, but not the RBO.

After that we finished up with T-stops (good), hockey stops (good), and lunges (quite good). And that was that. It's either my next-to-last or, probably, my last group lesson. I've paid for one more but I'll probably just let it go. At the end of the lesson we thanked Allison (she's going home for Christmas and won't be back 'til January). I couldn't stay to skate, but as it turned out they did a Z-break at 7:30 anyway so I didn't miss anything there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home