Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Enthusiasm


One thing I meant to comment on last night was that I was (and am) feeling really enthused about my skating right now. In general, of course, I've been pretty enthused, but I have my ups and downs like everyone. Sometimes I feel like I'm a clod, I'll never get anywhere, I'm too old, etc. But yesterday I was really up about it all. I don't think it had anything to do with my lesson (even though doing a spiral was fun) as such, it's a combination of realizing that I will be able to make good progress once I get a coach, and also realizing before my lesson that I really am making progress on my backward edges. There haven't been any major breakthroughs on them, but slow, gradual improvement. The point being that while I still can't skate backward with the alacrity of my forward skating, I at least have reason to believe that it's coming, and that I'll be there in a matter of weeks or months, not years. That's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home