Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Spirals At Last


Today at my lesson, my usual classmate Ashley was not there. However, I didn't get Allison to myself, as there was a beginning adult skater, Peter, there (he's in the Saturday class normally). Still, I had the chance to work on a bunch of stuff I wanted to work on. I spent time on crossovers (including a brief segment on back crossovers), more time on my FO3s, and forward edges. At one point she asked me what else I'd like to do, and I told her I'd like to work on spirals but needed her to hold my hand. So we did... actually my left-foot spiral isn't too bad. My balance on my right foot was a little iffy, though, which I expected. Of course my free foot is not (yet) at hip-height, but I'm hopeful that with continued work and especially with the help of my yoga classes I'll get there.

After class I only had about 15 minutes to skate before I had to leave for choir rehearsal for the Christmas choir I'm in. I didn't do anything particularly exciting, although I did do a lunge just to keep my hand in, so to speak. I really should have tried a spiral on my own, but wasn't in the mood to risk a face-plant.

I am going to Phoenix for work on Friday; with a little luck I should be free in the afternoon to skate at Polar Ice. Saturday I'll be doing a makeup lesson (in advance) in the morning, then skating in the afternoon. Saturday night is the rink's holiday show, which should be a lot of fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home