Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Physical Therapy


I had my first PT appointment today. I had brought one of my skates with me to show the therapist, but as it turned out she was a skater herself in her youth back East so she actually knows what real skates are like.

It's kind of hard to tell what the prognosis is at this point. She did verify that there are some definite things wrong, although it appears that it might not be my tendons in either case. In my ankle she thinks it's more likely a stretched/strained ligament, and in the shoulder that one of my bursa is somehow messed up (didn't quite understand that part). I have another appointment tomorrow morning to go over more stuff.

The one piece of good news that I took away from this was that she didn't see any need for me to curtail my skating, but that rather it was probably a very good thing for me. Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home