Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Kwanderful!


Michelle Kwan has won her 8th US National title. I just got done watching my tape, and I have to say it was a terrific, terrific long program. She was incredible last year, and this program was stronger even than that as you could tell by her marks -- last year's Aranjuez program got, if I remember, 5.7s and 5.8s for technical merit, but this program (Tosca) got almost all 5.9s. As we have come to expect, MK's presentation scores were amazing. She now has 35 perfect 6.0s at Nationals, which according to ABC is almost 4 times the nearest competitor. An amazing performance. My only criticism (if I have the cheek to comment) is that I don't like the music very much. I thought the Aranjuez music was much more uplifting and stimulating. Still, obviously Tosca worked for her. I'll be very curious to see what MK uses in the exhibition tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home