Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 03, 2011

Just In The Nick Of Time

I skated the 8:15 a.m. FS this morning at Chandler.  I had not skated this session in a long, long time but I decided that for the new year it would behoove me to start.  For one thing it's a lot easier to fit into my work schedule (for now anyway) than the 5:10 at Gilbert.

I had a great skate!  I got on the ice and did a 4 minute warmup, then ran through the APB freestyle test.  It went fine, and I actually got a good spin!  The only issue (weird!) was my lunge was slightly wonky.  My free leg started to drift behind me and I couldn't get it to stay so it was not the full 5 seconds JJ wants.

After the run through I did lots more jumps and spins (and lunges).  I got a couple of ukky spins but most of them were decent, and a couple were outstanding (4 revs).  Yay!  I'm pretty stoked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home