Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Same Ol' Same Ol'

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  Pretty quiet today and nice ice.  I had a good 20 minute warmup.


Today's lesson:
  • BO8 -- the RBO is looking really awesome these days.  LBO not so much, but it is improving.  The 2nd time along I did a much better job of leaning into the edge on the second half of the LBO and it was much better.
  • BI8 -- These are coming along nicely. Circles are still quite small but control is improving.  Lynne reminded me of something we'd talked about last week, I think -- to keep the free foot close on the 2nd half of the circle instead of extending it back over the print too early.  This is a bit tricky but seemed to give much better control.
  • Waltz-8 -- Grrr.  These just need a lot of work still.  They have improved, but there's still a lot to do.  We spent some time specifically working on just the FO3s since they tend to be rather skidded.  Some small improvement maybe.  I suggested to Lynne that we could start spending some time just on 3s (maybe on 3s to center) to work on getting more control on these.
  • Serpentine -- the RFOI is a bit rough, mostly that (as I told Lynne) my L shoulder seems to want to eat my ear when I am coming back to center on the RFO -- really, it's just blocking me and I'm very square.  I did eventually manage to get it to stay back a bit, and the result was almost a full half-circle after the edge change.  Yay!  The LFOI was about the same but the shoulder issues were much better.
All in all an awesome lesson and I was pretty happy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home