Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Wednesday Night Zoo

I managed to zip over to the Gilbert public session for an hour's worth of skating.  Since I'd not skated in my freestyle blades in over a week (!) it was a good thing since I have a lesson in the a.m. with JJ.  Worked on mostly spins, with a few waltz jumps and a salchow and some toe loops as well.  Lots of social time with Megan, Trevor, Michelle, Billy, and also Blossom (yes that's really her name, lol!).

A revelation on the toe loop that I hope to explore tomorrow w/JJ -- I realized that when I practice on the wall I'm extending the free leg more or less straight behind me, but when I try to do it (toe-waltzy style :-() on the ice I'm reaaaaaching way back and picking in.  I tried to just have the free leg behind me and while it felt really weird (and I had a weird fall one time) I think that this might be the correction I need.  Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home