Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

All My 8s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We were over on the South Pole today and it was really deserted!  Freshly zammed ice and somewhat dimmer lights meant I could actually see my tracings :-)

Today's lesson:
  • FI8s -- we hadn't looked at these in a while.  They were pretty good!  I'm getting much better at remembering to hold the free hip back on the L foot.  Tracings were pretty close.
  • FO8s -- a little unsteady at times but pretty good.  Lynne says I still need to think more about bending and really pushing into the edge.
  • Waltz-8 -- these were not as good as yesterday :-(.  They are better than they were a few weeks ago, though, that's for sure.  I'm usually coming back to center, though my circles are not very... circular!  Kind of egg-shaped.  Oh well.
  • BO8s - I'm trying to keep the free leg in front now so these are a little off.  The R foot is not too bad.  On the LBO8 I have real issues after the rotation, I can't seem to hold that position (free foot back) without leaning out of the circle, which throws me onto a flat. Grrr.  Needs more work!  I need a better push too.
  • BI8s -- right now these are really small circles!  I'm doing a decent job of keeping the free foot in front though, but having issues keeping tension in my free leg after the rotation.  The L foot is much better than the R foot.
Lots to work on but I'm encouraged.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home