Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waltz-8, B8s

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  This session was actually quite crowded!  I counted 12 skaters and 2 coaches.  Wow.

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- these are definitely improved.  I'm holding the exit from the 3 longer (my practice last week paid off!) and the step forward is better, it's turned far enough (mostly) now.  The FO edge coming back to center is still a bit rough but definitely progress!
  • BO8s -- RBO8 is decent.  LBO8 I'm still working to get all the way around, and to hold the initial position so I don't rotate too soon.
  • BI8s -- slowly improving.  Lynne reminded me that I should be working to have the free foot in front after the initial push (something I was totally forgetting about), which should help with my issues with rotating too soon.  The LBI8 feels much better and if got a better push into it it would be fine, I think.
All in all a good lesson.  After the session I took both pairs of skates in to get my blades sharpened as I was definitely due.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home