Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Bonus Time

I skated for an hour at the morning FS at Chandler today... since it's listed in my skating plan as "optional" I label it "bonus time."

Had a decent skate, although the ice was pretty crappy -- apparently there was a big group number rehearsal for Autumn Antics before the first FS session today.  Still it was serviceable and JJ always says "ice is ice!".  I just get nostalgic for that beautiful, beautiful ice at Sherwood!

I worked on spins and jumps mostly.  I got a number of okay spins but no outstanding ones, still, they are getting a little more consistent.  Had trouble landing the sal in the waltz-sal sequence today, not sure what was up with that.  I worked a little on the FXO-BXO pattern for the APB FS test and I must have been going a little slower (actually I'm pretty sure of it) because I was able to do the LFI mohawk okay today.  And just before the end of the hour I ran through the first third or so of my program (sans music) for the first time in a lonnnng time.  It was okay. I only ran from the beginning through the waltz jump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home