Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

FO8s & FO3s

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Good ice and 8 - 10 skaters and 2 coaches.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8s -- still working these.  Maybe some slight improvement, mostly trying to be more consistent.
  • FO3s -- I told Lynne I'd like to spend some time just working on improving my FO3s as they are not so great and I need to improve them both for the Bronze Moves test and also for my waltz-8s.  So we spent the bulk of the lesson just working on improving my 3s.  The biggest corrections were to hold the free hip back before the turn (I tend to bring it around to force the turn) and to wait after the rotation of the arms (rotate skinny) before turning.  After a bit of work I actually was able to make some definite improvements.
All in all I think I got a lot out of this lesson.  Afterward I spent some time working on BO8s, BI8s and then some waltz-8, with emphasis on the FO3.  I was able to hold the exit longer which made the BO a lot better.  Good stuff!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home