Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Spins & 3s

Today's lesson on the 5:10 FS at Gilbert -- we moved it due to my and JJ's scheduling issues :-).  Fairly crowded, I think there were 15 skaters and 6 coaches.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- about 10 minutes on these.  Geez.  We mostly worked on (duh) holding the free leg back and let the spin develop.  I don't know why I cannot just let this happen, other than my usual sorts of issues.  Grr.
  • 3s -- I was complaining to JJ how my power-3s stink so we spent like 20 minutes just working on 3s.  I think we got some improvement though.  Mostly we worked on holding the free shoulder back and not allowing it to block the rotation, and really tucking the free foot in (instead of my usual tactic of using it to help me turn).
In other news it looks like I will be testing APB Freestyle 1/8.  I would have liked earlier but the only test dates were the end of October (too soon) and the weekend of 12/4, when I will be out of town.  Grrr.  That's very close to PCAS, which means that I probably can't get my new boots until AFTER that  which is a long time to wait.  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home