Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Waltz-8, BI8

Today's figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual.  We moved this from Wednesday due to a scheduling conflict.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- just a little time on these.  About the same as before -- RFO8 not too bad, LFO8 weaker.  I am so frustrated with these!  Oh well.  It's like my spins, they will just take a long time but I'm sure they will eventually arrive and be solid.
  • waltz-8 -- the bulk of our time.  Working on getting turned more for the step forward so that I stay on the circle.  I really worked at a) putting my leading hand over the print and b) looking over the leading hand :-).  It did help. It also helps to just slow down a bit and relax (gee where have I heard that before?).
  • BI8 -- just a little time on these.  The push is continuing to get stronger with practice (yay!) and I'm getting a better position on the first part of the 2nd circle.
  • Serpentine -- just a couple minutes on these for refresher.  The deal is that the figure always starts with the FO edge... so it's either LFOI->RFIO, or RFOI->LFIO depending on which foot you start on.  Either way you have to do 3 complete figures.  Eeep.  Like I told Lynne this stuff is not for the faint of heart! :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home