Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Same Ol' Same Ol'

My figures lesson with Lynne on Chandler coffee club as usual.... a bit busy today about 10 skaters and 2 coaches.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Just a little time on this.  RFO8 is generally good, LFO8 still lacking.  I still need to improve my body position on the LFO8 and get the free leg in more promptly after the push.
  • Waltz-8 -- the majority of our time today.  My turns were a bit wonky/scratchy/uncontrolled.  I did manage to fix some issues with my step forward on the R side -- being more decisive ("committed" was the word of the day) and being sure not to helicopter the arms really helped.  The L side improved a bit too but is not as good.
  • BI8 -- these are coming along nicely.  The L side is still a lot weaker and the position for the first half of the circle is not as strong.
  • BO8 -- I'm really pleased with my progress on these. Biggest issue right now is I need more push on the L side and need to lean into the edge more to get back to center.
All in all, just sloggin' along but it is slowly improving.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home