Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday Skate

I didn't get to skate Thursday or Friday as work has been really frantic... but today is my birthday so I was off to Polar Ice Peoria to skate with skate buddy Amber who was down from NAU for the day.  Also the inimitable Katlynn McNab was there (along with her folks) so that was a treat!  I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS on the Olympic-size rink.

I had a pretty good skate.  It was pretty crowded (I think I counted 17 skaters and like 6 coaches) but workable.  It's weird to skate on an Olympic-size rink... it's so freakin' wide!  I was doing back perimeter XOs and coming nowhere near the middle.  I worked mostly on my spins and toe loops.  No big breakthroughs but a good skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home