Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Artistry On Ice

Day two of the 2010 Sherwood Invitational... a short day (3 hours) of competition starting with junior and novice ladies free skate.  I had volunteered to announce so I had a great seat to watch some awesome skating!  By the time we were done I was chilled to the bone, despite having brought my heavy "Oregon" coat.

At the end of the competition I'd been asked to announce that right after the competition there would be an awards ceremony in the lobby.  We all went to the lobby to warm up and watch. The Artistry On Ice award was given out in 3 different categories (Snowplow Sam to FS6, Non-Test to Juvenile (?) and Intermediate to Senior).   The winner in the first category was... ME!

I was dumbfounded, surprised, amazed and very very happy.  Emmy was doing the announcing and Karly handed me the award -- it's a nice crystal rectangle with skates inside in 3D and the logo and the award name etc.  I immediately went to show it to Sonya.  It's very cool!

Zena (SFSC board member) was careful to point out to me that the award came from the judges, not from the board!

I'm really going to cherish this.  What a perfect (and surprising) end to the competition for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home