Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Practice Ice

I had practice ice for the competition from 7 to 7:30 tonight.  There were about 15 of us.  Of course I was the only adult and the only male (as usual!).  It was pretty intense!  Everyone was working really hard, but people were careful and polite and I got a lot done.  I worked on my program elements and especially hit the mohawk-salchow segment.  I was able to actually go straight into the salchow from the preceding mohawk (no scooter push!) -- in my mind I heard Sonya and JJ cheering :-).  I did it several times in order to get it comfy.

All in all it was productive.  I didn't get a chance to run my program with music, but since I did that twice this morning I wasn't too worried.  Anyway I know this program pretty well.  I think the main thing for tomorrow is just to relax and take it one element at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home