Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Progress

I skated the 8:15 FS this morning as usual.  Now that school's back in session this is a pretty quiet session.  The downside is that with no ice cut since 6:15 the ice is pretty crappy by then. It was just 3 skaters and one coach.

I had a pretty good skate!  I ran my program twice (the first time I'd run it with music since my lesson w/Sonya last week in PDX).  The first time not so great.  The second time I actually landed the salchow!  I was so psyched!  I did a bunch of salchows today.  The mantra that worked for me (today, anyway) was... bend, and waaaait.  Bend the knee on the entrance edge, and waaait on the exit of the 3.

Beyond that spins were ukky.  I spent some time working on the waltz jump at speed trying to de-scrape the BO edge before the turn.  Not much success.  I know I just need to think of this like the moves pattern (I don't scrape there, duh) but it's not happening yet.  Hmmph!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home