Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Usual Suspects

I had my figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual... nice ice and only 5 of us.   Tucson skater Marge was there -- always nice to see my Tucson skating friends!  Marge is a judge and also membership chair for TFSC.  Her husband Bob was there also but alas he says he is not able to skate anymore due to an injury.  It's very sad :-(.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8s -- duh, of course we worked on these.  Not much to say.  Still working to get over on that edge from the get-go.
  • waltz-8 -- these are still slowly improving but still very uncontrolled on the final FO edge.  Grr.  The step forward itself is getting better though, so that's something.
After my lesson I spent some time working on BO8 and briefly on BI8, which I had not done before.  I don't seem to be pushing quite hard enough on the BI8 to get all the way around and it's hard to get the initial push right so I get a good round circle to start with.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home