Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 06, 2010

Practice Ice

I had a quick 30 minutes of practice ice at Lloyd Center today during the evening public.  The first 5 minutes was right before the z-break and then another 25 minutes right after (all I had time for).


Wow, it was majorly bad!  After the z-break there were about 6 of us present and we convinced them to cone off one end of the rink (it was not that busy) and we divided into patches.   That's the first time I've ever skated a 'real' patch session.   Despite being somewhat soft the ice was very fast!  Which was good because I was flatting all over the place but mostly getting around anyway.  It did get better.... I'm sure part of it was the 4 hours of sleep I've been working on today.  Still it was discouraging. 

After my time was up I had to zip up to Sherwood's club skate for a lesson with Kelli.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home