Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Competition Prep

My last figures lesson with Lynne before the All-Figures competition in Portland Sunday!  As usual on the Chandler coffee club.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- these are what I will start with on Sunday (at 6:45 a.m.!) so we started with these.  A little bit of a rough start but in spite of that they were pretty good, reasonably well traced and good circle size.
  • FO8 -- we spent the bulk of the lesson on these.  They are still too rough :-( which doesn't bode well for Sunday.  On the positive side I usually am getting around (at least when the ice is flat, lol!).  But it's a bit rough and circle size tends to be on the large side, I tend to be a bit diagonal from the push, and tend to cut off the last half of the circle.  Grrr.
So.. that's where it is.  No miracles are likely to happen between now and Sunday so I'll just have to see how it goes.  I'm hoping to skate at the competition venue (Lloyd Center) on Friday afternoon, hopefully while working with my old figures coach Kelli.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home