Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

B8s & Waltz-8

Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee club:
  • BI8 -- I wanted to look at these since I wanted to work on them but I wanted to make sure I had some input from Lynne.  The push is probably the hardest thing!  I actually did some that were not bad, on the best one I got almost 3/4 of the way around the circle! Most were not that good though.  These are going to take a lot of work.
  • waltz-8 -- these are slowly improving.  The step forward is a lot better and I actually did manage some kind of control a couple times, esp. on the L foot.  A lonnnng way from testable though!
  • BO8 -- Lynne wanted to look at these again.  Wow, they have come a long way!  My R side is pretty good, actually.  L side I'm still having problems on the second half of the circle, I tend to go flat.  Lynne reminded me I need to bend into that more on the 2nd half, not try to "steer" the edge.
All in all a pretty good lesson.

I am off in the morning to Portland for work and also for the Sherwood Invitational on Saturday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home