Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Program Polishing

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 FS at Gilbert this morning (we started late though).  The scoreboard/clock was off this morning which was annoying, and the ice at the north end of the rink had a number of "stalagmites" (bumps from condensation dripping from the ceiling) which I'd never seen at Gilbert -- usually their ice is pretty good.  It was very distracting.

We spent our lesson (JJ was very generous with his time) working on the program, cleaning up some issues.  We worked on the timing of the waltz jump and the lead-in to it so that I would have a better idea of exactly how to time it with the music.  I think this really will help!  We also worked on spins and some placement issues (where elements are placed on the ice).  All in all not very exciting but good stuff.

I have patch practice today and a figures lesson tomorrow, but as far as freestyle I have a little time on public tomorrow night, then hopefully some time with Sonya on Friday morning, practice ice (half hour) Friday night and then I'm competing Saturday afternoon. Whee!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home