Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

FO8, Waltz-8, B8

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on Chandler coffee club.  It was reallly quiet today, I think there were 4 of us and a lot of the usual suspects were absent..

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- just a little time on these, they tend to be a black hole time-wise.  I'm really trying to find some metaphor for body position on this and what I've most recently come up with is "slipping through the door" -- like you are trying to slip through a door that's just a little open so you have your whole body turned sideways.  My R side I am doing okay on this, L side not so much, but every so often I will just get it right.  Geez.
  • waltz-8 -- these are slowly improving.  I think the biggest issue now is to step forward without widestepping, and to have a good FO edge when I do (see above, lol).
  • BO8 -- R side is pretty decent, L side is starting to improve.  I'm actually getting a pretty decent body position for the first half of the circle, but when I rotate for the second half I tend to not look over my shoulder, or if I do I tend to drop the hip a bit.  Hmmph.
  • BI8 -- these are also improving.  I actually have a pretty awesome position for the first part on the RBI8 but I'm falling into the circle a bit on the second half.  It's coming along though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home