Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8

<Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  We were over on the South Pole rink today -- harder, hockey ice.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- sometimes it amazes me that I have had to spend soooo much time on these and they still aren't quite right.  Oh well.  They do seem to be slowly improving -- they're just very inconsistent.  Grrr.
  • BO8 -- The RBO8 is really quite good.  The LBO8 is coming along, I mostly have issues returning to center.  We also spent some time working on the subsequent (not initial) push since the transition is a little tricky.  It's coming along well.
  • Waltz-8 -- the step forward is getting better slowly.  The biggest issue seems to be to step close and keep the free leg close (really, that's always an issue for me) and to really trust that edge.  
After my lesson I had about 15 - 20 minutes. I spent some quality time on the BI8; it's actually improving somewhat so my circles are not so small. I'm still not getting back to center though.  At some point we are gonig to start throwing turns into the mix on these moves and then it's going to be a whole new ballgame.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home