Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

FO8, Waltz-8, BI8

Today's figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual.  It was pretty deserted today, only 4 or 5 of us.  Ice was pretty good.  I got a good 15 minutes or so of warmup which was just as well since I'd not been in my patch blades since last Wednesday.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- the RFO8 is really coming along (usually!).  Much more control and body position is much better.  LFO8 is improving but still lacking quite a bit.
  • Waltz-8 -- improvement here too.  I actually managed the step forward with some control on the R side once.  The rest of the time -- not so much.  But they are coming along.  I think the limiting factor is, in part, my FO edges that are still lacking.  I'm hopeful though.
  • BI8 -- still working on these, I'm not quite getting around on the RBI8.  I need to push a bit more and also to get down in the knee a bit more on the push.  The second half of the circle is still a bit small though.
All in all I really am making progress, it's just slow.  I'm trying to figure out my timeline for testing Preliminary Figures -- maybe sometime in the spring.  As I remarked to Lynn, even after I have some control on the waltz-8 I still need to be able to actually trace these things and that's a ways off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home