Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 15, 2010

FO8, BO8, Waltz-8


Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  It was a bit crowded today!  Something like 10 skaters and 2 coaches (for coffee club, that's a crowd!).

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Just a little time on these.  A smidge better than last week.  I'm doing a better job of bringing my free foot in promptly after the push.  Still need to work on getting a little more push, though -- today I had a hard time getting around the circle :-(.
  • BO8 --these are slowly improving.  I actually am doing better on the LBO8 finally, it's coming back to center more of the time.  I still need to work on leaning into the circle on the 2nd half though.
  • Waltz-8 -- these were a smidge better.  Still need to work more on the step forward, to turn more, set a better edge and not lean out of the circle.  The FO3s were inconsistent -- some quite nice and others rather skidded.
No lesson next week as I'll be out of town.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home