Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Sloggin' Along

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Pretty deserted today, just 4 or 5 skaters and 2 coaches.

Today's lesson:
  • F8s -- just a little review.  The good part is I have good flow and I'm tracing relatively well.  My form is very inconsistent though. After all this time!  Oh well.  Like I told Lynne, the good news is that when I really truly fix my posture issues it will fix a whole bunch of problems in my skating.  I WILL get there.
  • BO8s -- Not too bad.  Still having issues with the last half of the LBO8, I need to work on that position (BO edge, free leg and arm back) more so that I can lean into the circle more.  I'm still kind of impressed I can do these at all though :-).
  • Waltz-8 -- these actually are improving.  It wasn't that long ago I couldn't get back to center at all!  Now I usually do. My 3s are a bit skidded (esp. LFO3! What's up with that?) and I still need to hold the BO edge longer but the step forward has improved a lot.  Good stuff.
  • Serpentine -- we had not looked at these in quite some time.  Once I actually managed to get a good RFO (we worked on the RF serpentine first) the change of edge is pretty decent and I made it about 3/4 of the RFI circle.... an improvement!  LFO not nearly as good.  I need better flow and a stronger push for these.
All in all a good lesson. After my lesson I spent some time on BI8s and then I had to leave.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home